TAPPI and IEEE Present Paper Machine Drives Short Course
Taught by experienced paper machine drive engineers, the IEEE /TAPPI Paper Machine Drives Short Course, June 23-24 in Tacoma, WA, provides the opportunity to gain a complete understanding of the selection, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all paper machine drive systems. Held in conjunction with IEEE’s 63rd Annual Pulp, Paper and Forest Industries Conference, this course focuses on the knowledge needed to apply basic paper machine drives to day-to-day operations.
Team activities and practical exercises will provide participants with hands-on experience to improve problem solving skills. Additionally, participants will learn how to use disturbance analysis, how to achieve increased production volume by reducing downtime, and have the opportunity to get personalized answers to specific questions and operating situations.
- Power Demand Calculations
- Drive Configurations for Sections
- Detail Application of AC Drives
- Problem Analysis and Troubleshooting
- Proper Installation Techniquies
- Updgrading an Existing Drive System
This course is especially designed for:
- Mill/Plant Engineers
- Mill/Plant Maintenance Engineers and Lead Operators
- Application and Design Engineers (Controls and OEMs)
- Staff Engineers
- Electrical Superintendents
- Suppliers of Paper Mill Drives
- Anyone in the mill with responsibility for the drives on a paper machine
- Anyone with corporate responsibility for the drives on a paper machine
- Consultants responsible for paper machine drives
After successfully completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the range of modern paper machinery and modern machine configurations
- Calculate drive HP using "unit constant" or “component value” theory
- Explain the fundamental relationships between mechanical and electrical systems and identify major application considerations of drive train components
- Discuss AC drive selection and application, as well as installation and economic considerations of AC vs. C drives.
- Describe existing load and speed data for rebuilding a paper machine and evaluate data for HP selection
- Apply the fundamentals of disturbance analysis techniques to solve problems
Learn more about the IEEE/TAPPI Paper Machine Drives Short Course.